Papu was a little kid who grew up in The Gambia – and let me tell you, he was a right pain! He was commonly referred to as “SaiSai” (naughty, pest) but boy did he have a taste for good food!The simple recipe below is his special banana smoothie – this has been my secret since I was a kid, so use it with care! It’s thirst quenching, full of good fruit stuff and calcium.
4 bananas, ripe
2 glasses of milk
1 glass of ice
8 mint leaves, washed
1. Peel the bananas, and quickly cut into large disks.
2. Put the cut bananas, milk and half the ice in a blender.
3. Blend until smooth (2-3 minutes).
4. Add the juice of a lime.
5. Put the remaining ice into 4 glasses with 2 mint leaves in each glass.
6. Pour and enjoy immediately!
For more recipes like this and to purchase the full book please click here