Wednesday, June 7

Family seeks assistance after Wild Fire Consume Entire Compound

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

By: Mustapha Jarju

Manjang Kunda Family of Jarrol Village in FoniJarrol District West Coast Region, urgently seeking assistance after an inferno suspected to be caused by a faulty NAWEC Meter that consumed entire Compound into ashes on Tuesday around 10AM.

In an exclusive interview with The Voice, Amadou Jarju an eye witness of the fire incident and the Youth Leader of the Jarrol Village Development Committee (VDC) said the fire was spotted by the neighbors and later informed the woman who lives in the compound with her children.

He narrated that the villagers have tried by bringing water from their homes to help in putting down the fire, but was not successful due to the seriousness of the blaze, which has later resulted to a huge fire that burned the entire house to ashes.

“We were just standing looking at the fire because we were unable to get access into any of the houses. The fire was devastating, we called the Fire Service at Kanilai but they told us that they are attaining another fire incident before they reach the fire consumed everything in the house.

“The family needs urgent food support, clothing and housing as they lost everything in the fire. Adding the devastating fire happened in this holy month of Ramadan, and they need support from people that can ease the burden on them,” eye witness said.