Momodou Lamine Bah, Accountant General of The Gambia has been appointed the new Gambian Ambassador to the United States of America.
Bah replaces Fadera, who died on the 20th of February 2022 whilst on admission at the Edward Francis Small Teaching Hospital in Banjul.
Bah is a Chartered Accountant (Fellow, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – FCCA).
- Information Technology (IT) Expert”
- Computer Science/Data Processing (University of Science & Technology, Ghana)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified ISO/IEC 27001 (Information Security Management Systems) Lead Implementer
- Certified ISO/IEC 27001 (Information Security Management Systems) Senior Lead Auditor
- Project Management Specialist
- Certified in PRINCE2 Project Management Foundation
- Certified PRINCE2 Project Management Practitioner
- Diploma in French Language
- Training in Diplomatic Practice, Etiquette, Protocol and Negotiation
March 2014 to Date: Accountant General
October 2009 to February 2014
- Project Manager(Consultant) – Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) Project, Accountant General’s Department, Ministry of Finance & Economic Affairs, Banjul, The Gambia
September 2005 to September 2009
- Financial Management Specialist (Consultant) – IFMIS Project, Accountant General’s Department, Ministry of Finance & Economic Affairs, Banjul, The Gambia
June 2003 to August 2005
- Finance & Admin Manager – Sunbeach Hotel & Resort, Bakau, The Gambia
May 2002 to May 2003
Internal Audit Manager
– International Bank for Commerce (Gambia) Ltd.
February 1995 – May 1999
- IT Manager – International Bank for Commerce (Gambia) Ltd.
April 1985 – January 1995
- Data Processing Officer – International Trypanotolerance Centre (ITC, Gambia)
- Developed a standardized Chart of Accounts for the entire Government
- Automated the Public Financial Management (PFM) function of the Government, through the implementation of the Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS)
- Extended/implemented the IFMIS to all the Local Government Councils
- Extended/implemented the IFMIS to all the Embassies/Foreign Missions
- Eliminated government payments using cash; implemented Electronic Funds Transfer system
- Eliminated backlog in the production of Government Financial Statements, with 2021 Financial Statements already produced and submitted for audit.